It’s probably the last time that we will see the Great British Bake Off like this on our screens. Next year, it will be on a different channel and it’s never going to be the same again. It’s quite sad really. Bake Off sends the nation into a baking frenzy every year. We’re all guilty of trying to recreate some amazing showstopper or one of the technical challenges from the latest episode!
For years now the show has honed the skills of bakers and cake lovers alike. We’ve watched in awe and learned new things. Let’s face it though, keeping up with Bake Off style baking is an expensive hobby. You’re lying if you say you haven’t messed it up at least once. Getting it wrong can be costly though. I can *hands on heart* honestly and easily spend £75 a month on supplies for my baking stash. I like to have a constant supply. Running out half way through a recipe is not an option.
If you’re looking to save some money on your baking, voucherbox.co.uk has created the Great British Save Off, a weekly price comparison of GBBO recipes and the best value supermarket to buy ingredients from each week. This week’s Star Saver is Morrisons who are the cheapest place to buy your ingredients. In the corner cupboard in my kitchen, affectionately known as my baking stash. I always have a constant supply of the ingredients I use the most. It’s pretty obvious but I’d be lost without them all.
- free range eggs
- butter (salted and unsalted)
- a large selection of flours. Misteright brings me flours and not flowers. Flour is much more appreciated!
- a large selection of sugars (caster, light muscavado, dark muscavado, icing sugar etc)
- good quality food colourings in all colours of the rainbow
- disposable piping bags – no fuss, no cleaning up after, no mess. Sorted!
- a selection of chocolates & candy melts
What do you have a constant supply of in your baking stash?
Disclaimer – This post was brought to you in collaboration with Voucherbox