Rejoice, it’s BBQ season once again! Grilling is my favourite way to eat food over the Summer months. It’s quick, easy and it means that you get to sit in the sunshine and cook at the same time! It’s a win/win situation, especially if you have small kids or guests over. Loads of people don’t know how to use their BBQ to it’s fullest potential. This has been known to cause epic BBQ fails. The sad tale of the sausage. The one that’s been burnt to a crisp on the outside and is still pink in the middle. It’s tragic! Check out this handy video guide below which was created by the team at MyVoucherCodes. It was designed to guide you on cooking times for each BBQ food. Regular turning during cooking and a bit of time management will have you grilling like a pro in no time at all!
TOP BBQ TIPS
- If you want a super smoky flavour then add some wood chips to your charcoals. I use Jack Daniels wood chips, they give a great smokey taste to your food. One bag lasts ages too, I toss a couple of handfuls onto the coals before cooking the food on the grill. You can use loads of different types of wood or chips to flavour your BBQ smoke. Each one tastes different so get experimenting!
- If you have some herbs drying up then don’t be afraid to throw them on the coals too. Thyme and rosemary work well but you can use more unusual herbs and experiment a bit to find a flavour that works best for you.
- If a super moist burger is what you’re looking for then throw a handful of ice onto the BBQ coals when you put your burgers on the grill. The ice causes loads of steam which locks in the juices and helps create the perfect grilled burger.
- If perfect pork is more your cup of tea then fill a spray bottle with apple juice and keep spraying before and after each turn of the meat!
- You can also cook your food on a bed of ingredients to avoid them sticking to the grill. Thinly sliced lemons underneath fish and slices of onion under chicken breasts or steaks.
- Once the cooking is finished, just rub the lemon or onion slices over the rungs of your grill before washing with hot soapy water.
This is a collaborative post
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018