There are many great reasons to eat clean, but if you’re not familiar with a clean eating diet then you may be missing out. Amazing home cooked foods and treats all made by hand but without any processed items added. Processed food contains all kinds of complicated ingredients and additives everyone finds it hard to pronounce. These are OK to eat some of the time, but our bodies were not designed to eat foods like this on a daily basis.
- When you eat clean, you’re being healthy without even trying! Just by cutting out or reducing processed foods, you are guaranteed to lose weight. By increasing the amount of fruit and vegetables you eat and changing your snacking habits to include the healthier options, you can eat less but feel full for longer.
- No giving up specific food groups! Clean eating is about eating the best bits from each food group. You’re not giving up things like sugar and grains but instead you are replacing them with unprocessed versions of themselves. Swap white sugar for Demerara sugar, honey or bootstrap Molasses and swap white flour for whole wheat or stone ground flour. You can substitute white flour for things like almond or coconut flour in baking and buckwheat flour is great for things like flat breads and pizza bases.
- Not all packaged food is bad! Items like whole wheat flour, whole wheat pasta, whole grain rice, chick peas and baby spinach all come pre-packaged but should be embraced as an integral part of a clean eating lifestyle. You don’t have to start making your own pasta – unless you want to!
- Get all the best nutrients to help you stay looking younger for longer. Just by eating a clean and varied diet, you can get all the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay looking great. Your skin will start to look better when you start drinking more water and eating better foods.
- There are approximately 40 GRAMS of sugar in one can of cola! That’s more than the recommended daily allowance of added sugar – in just one can of drink! Just by removing soft drinks from your diet means that you will drastically decrease your sugar intake. Try and switch your can of soda for a glass of water with a handful of berries or a slice or two of citrus fruits.
- Home made food tastes best. If you want to eat like a king no matter what your budget is, learn how to cook. You’re not going to be missing out by removing processed foods from your diet – my chocolate orange avocado brownie recipe is gluten free, it contains no butter and has no refined sugars. It tastes amazing and you can eat more that just one slice without feeling guilty.
- It’s not as hard as you think! Just by making a few simple swaps, you can nail all kinds of dishes from homemade pastry to fancy cinnamon rolls. They taste so good you won’t ever go back to shop bought again.
Do you eat clean?