I really love hummus, it’s delicious as a snack, it’s super easy to make and it’s ready to eat in a couple of minutes. Not only is hummus really healthy for snacking on, it’s amazing in sandwiches and with salads too.It’s so versatile and can be enjoyed with such a wide range of different things. It’s great as a snack but it’s equally as good as a starter to share with friends. I always have a pot of this in my fridge as it’s so handy for a quick snack without having to reach for the crisps, cake or chocolate.
Ras el Hanout is a brilliant North African spice blend which is made up from a variety of different herbs and spices including cardamom, cumin, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice, dry ginger, chili peppers, coriander seed, peppercorn, sweet and hot paprika, fenugreek, and dry turmeric. It’s a very flavourful addition to regular hummus and it really gives it a bit of something extra special. It’s subtle but not over-powering and my favourite way to enjoy it is with a stack of salt and vinegar rice crackers. It tastes so good!
- 1 x tin of chick peas
- 2tbsp tahini paste
- 1 x clove of garlic
- a pinch of salt
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp ras el hanout
- pour the chick peas and the water from the tin into a blender
- add the tahini paste, garlic, salt, lemon juice and ras el hanout
- blend using the pulse function until the hummus is the consistency of baby food with small chunks of chick pea still remaining in tact.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018