I love a good packet cake mix hack the same as the next person. I also love banana peanut as a flavour combination so to combine my love of packet cake mix hacking with easy, nutritious ingredients always works out well. Sometimes, it’s just a pain to have to spend ages mixing and preparing so I do love it when it’s easy to add a few ingredients to a packet mix and make something completely different! The Boy loves bananas so we always have a couple of black ones which he won’t take for a snack but he will eat them in other things so this is a great way to use them up. As its a cake mix, you don’t even need to fuss about any of the main dry ingredients which is always a bonus because the scales don’t even need to come out!
This is so easy and the cake tastes so good. The banana adds moisture to the cake and the peanut butter gives it a wonderful crunch. You don’t even know you’re eating cake so it’s perfect for a guilt-free(ish) sweet treat. So forget about the instructions on your packet of cake mix. Follow this recipe instead for a wonderfully easy alternative which tastes far better than it would if you followed the directions on the packet.
- 1 x packet white cake mix (we used Tesco value)
- 2 x black bananas (the blacker, the better)
- 5tbsp crunchy hazelnut & peanut butter (we used sun-pat)
- mix all of the ingredients together until they are totally combined into a smooth, lump free mixture
- transfer into 2lb loaf tin
- bake in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes
- cover the top of the cake with a sheet of greaseproof paper
- bake for a further 20 minutes at Gas Mark 5