Chocolate fruit nut bites are fabulous little bit sized chunks of my favourite dried fruits and nuts which have been smothered in milk chocolate to make something amazing. It’s like a homage to the humble fruit and nut bar which has already been broken into mouth-sized bits, but they have far more attitude than your average bar of fruit & nut. They are really simple to make and are ready in around 10 minutes then they just need to set in the fridge. The end result is a deliciously chocolatey; fruity; nutty bite sized chunk which is great for the Holidays. You can give them as a gift, or you can eat them yourself, either way, they’re too good to miss.
It’s a bag of mixed fruit & nuts covered in melted chocolate with some white chocolate chips thrown in for good measure. It is Christmas after all! You can use any dried fruits and nuts that take your fancy but if the nuts are large, remember to chop them up about as small as your fruits so they can be eaten easily. You can use dark chocolate or milk if you would prefer. I love a nice milk chocolate with these, my chocolate of choice is a nice bar of Green & Blacks. You can use their flavoured chocolates for a more indulgent experience but if you’re making them and kids are involved, milk chocolate is always a winner.
- 100g milk chocolate
- 150g mixed fruit & nut selection
- 25g white chocolate chips
- melt the milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
- once melted, remove from the heat
- add the mixed fruit and nuts and stir well
- add the chocolate chips
- stir again
- line a muffin tray with small paper cases
- place 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each case
- chill until set (approx 1 hour)
- remove from the paper cases before packing or serving