Spiced apple crisps sound like you need some fancy food dehydrator or something. They don’t, obviously. This is my recipe you’re reading! You just need an oven, a baking sheet and some greaseproof. Simple!
These happened the other day when I was experimenting in the kitchen. I had a huge glut of apples, the guy at the greengrocers gave me a huge box of apples which were surplus to him for a very good price. There are only so many Apple pies and crumbles that you can make. I decided to try something a bit different. I’d seen these soft apple crisps in a mixed bag of fruits from a local shop and I needed to see if I could recreate them. This was the result.
Half of them were actually lovely soft apple slices and the ones from around the edges made these delicious apple crisps. Albeit totally accidentally. Not only are spiced apple crisps amazing to eat but you can thread them with ribbon and hang them as decorations on your Christmas tree too. They look fabulous hung on a real tree alongside my Christmas tree biscuits. You can also put them in a small mason jar, wrap them with tissue paper and give them as a gift.
- 4 x Braeburn apples
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- slice the apples into slices that are approximately 5mm thick
- lay them on a baking sheet that is lined with greaseproof paper
- bake in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 1-2 for approx 3 hours (until the moisture is gone)
- remove from the oven and leave to cool
- mix the cinnamon & icing sugar together
- sift half over the top of the slices
- turn the apple crisps over and sift the remainder over the bottom
- store in an air tight container
- spiced apple crisps will keep for about a week
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018