Honeycomb Crunchie bites are perfect for the holiday season. They’re good at any time of year but honeycomb Crunchie bites make fabulous last minute gifts. They taste amazing and they are really inexpensive to make. You have to make them in secret though or everyone will snaffle them before you even get a chance to wrap them up! Made with just 3 ingredients and once the sugar starts to melt, you’re off, it’s only a couple of minutes more before it’s ready to pour. This is quite possibly one of the most easiest sweet treats to make, ever! It’s impressive too when you can make Crunchies for the kids instead of buying them. Yes, it’s mostly all sugar but as long as you don’t gorge yourself on them each and every day, it’s fine! Honestly!
Honeycomb Crunchie bites are great plain or you can cover them in the chocolate of your choice to make them extra delicious. Don’t be tempted to add any to the honeycomb mixture itself though or you will end up with a right big sticky mess. Trust me on that. I have tried and failed a few times. I am still working on it though. If i do find a way, you will hear about it here first!
- 100g sugar
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- in a large pan, mix the sugar and golden syrup well
- turn the heat on low
- wait for the mixture to melt
- then it should bubble until it's the colour of toffee
- turn off the heat
- quickly whisk in the bicarbonate of soda
- transfer immediately onto a sheet of greaseproof paper making sure to pour it evenly
- leave to cool for approximately 2 hours
- cover the top with another sheet of greaseproof paper
- tap gently with a toffee hammer or rolling pin until it's a combination of shards and small chunks
- store in an airtight container
- the honeycomb will keep for about a week, if it lasts that long!
This is a competition entry for the #PowerOf3 campaign with Intellicig ECOpure, an eliquid that is made with just 3 ingredients. It is one of the purest and cleanest e-liquids on the market. For the #PowerOf3 campaign, entrants had to devise a recipe using just 3 ingredients.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018