Trail mix is a great picky snack that can be bunged in a bag or a plastic tub, shoved in your bag and taken with you where ever you go. It doesn’t need cooking, it’s just a case of opening a few bags and shaking it up a bit. It doesn’t always have to be savoury either. You can have it sweet, savoury or a bit of both. I made a spicy savoury trail mix for The Boy to take for snacking at school. The vending machines at school only dish out crisps & chocolate so I thought he had better have something slightly better than that at least a couple of times a week. Trail mix is perfect for his school bag and I made it with everything he asked for. It was a great combination and The Boy really enjoyed it.
Trail mix is really simple to make, it is just a case of opening some packets and mixing the contents together. It’s healthy and it’s a great way to avoid crisps and sweets when you’re on a car journey or a walk. Kids and grown ups alike love the mixture of all different things together. Each mouthful is fun and you never know what you’re going to get in each bite!
- 100g chilli coated peanuts
- 100g Bombay mix
- 100g honey roasted peanut & cashew mix
- 100g salted pretzels
- 100g plain popcorn
- pour all of the ingredients into a bowl or a zip lock bag
- mix well
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018