Salted caramel sauce is for everything, it really is. It’s great on loads of different foods but it’s best on hot chocolate chip pancakes with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream. Not necessarily for breakfast, it’s more of a brunch kind of meal. It’s a bit too sweet for first thing in the morning. It’s really delicious and it even sets well in the fridge to make other things too. Salted caramel is an amazing flavour, the salt brings out the flavour of the caramel a lot more than usual and has tiny little hits of salt every now and again. Fabulous! It’s really easy too, you just need to be patient and keep stirring. That’s it really, then leave it to cool a little bit, you don’t want a sugar burn on your tongue to just as you begin to eat.
I’ve been eating lots of pancakes recently from the amazing Genesis Crafty bakery. I’m their blogger of the month for September and this recipe is perfect on top of their amazing chocolate chip pancakes. It’s great on ANY of their pancakes actually but chocolate & salted caramel sauce is actually a match made in heaven. So I highly recommend them. You can get your grubby mitts on them from most good supermarkets now and considering they are hand made, they are awesome and really good value.
Salted caramel sauce is best enjoyed with great company and a hot coffee, some fresh orange juice and a big bowl of fruit salad to make it slightly more sinful. I did get extra Mum points because I served this at just after 10am on Sunday. It was really amazing but I could not have eaten it any earlier. The Boy probably would have done though, I mean it’s not every day that you get chocolate chip pancakes with ice cream and a caramel sauce too. Nothing like pushing the boat out and having an extra special breakfast treat every now & again. We just had a knife and fork each and shared the stack. Misteright did say that it looked a bit too like a dessert to eat it before having savoury food, I told him to shut up and offered him a fork filled with pancake, ice cream and sauce. He loved it. That’s not like him to enjoy something that sweet before having something like a sausage buttie first.
You really should go and try it…
- 200g white sugar
- 100g salted butter (cubed)
- 125ml double cream
- 2tsp pink Himalayan salt
- place the sugar in a heavy bottom pan
- cook on a medium high heat, stirring continuously (use a rubber spatula or spoon)
- the sugar will form into clumps after a while, keep stirring all the time
- in the end, the sugar will dissolve (I promise) into a light brown liquid
- once the sugar has all melted add the butter
- keep on the heat and stir until the butter has melted
- add the salt
- drizzle the cream into the pan
- boil for a minute or two until the caramel is a medium brown
- remove from the heat
- leave to cool slightly before serving
- left over sauce can be stored in an air tight jar in the fridge. warm the sauce through before serving
Disclaimer – I received a complimentary box of goodies from Genesis Crafty to come up with some new & exciting recipes for their products.
This is one of the things I came up with.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018