Harissa mint hummus is the best use of chick peas. It turns them from something boring that most people turn their noses up at into something amazing that can be spread, dipped and dunked. It can also be flavoured too. I was recently sent a parcel of goodies from Olives Et Al which contained a jar of their epic red chilli harissa paste so I had to put some into hummus. I love harissa, the taste is really good and it can make hummus amazing. Misteright & The Boy like it spicy but not too hot so I added some fresh mint from the garden and warmed up some pitta breads. They are the best for dipping. I like to dip in sweet chilli sauce and then into hummus – especially with cheesey garlic bread. It’s too good, you must try it!
Harissa & mint hummus is full of flavour and it satisfyingly spicy yet cool at the same time. You can make this hummus chunky or smooth textured by leaving the chick peas to blend in the food processor longer if you want a smoother hummus. I prefer it really smooth but The Boy likes it chunky. You can gauge the texture with your eye but for a super smooth texture, take the lid off your processor and have a taste!
- 1 x tin chick peas (drained but save the liquid)
- 4tbsp liquid from the tinned chick peas
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1tsp paprika
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 1tsp olives et al red chilli Harissa
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- rinse the chick peas under cold water until no froth appears and drain well
- put all of the ingredients in a food processor but save a few chick peas for decoration
- blitz on full power for 3 minutes until smooth
- serve in a bowl with chopped mint leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, a teaspoon of red chilli Harissa paste and the few remaining chick peas
Disclaimer – I received a complimentary box of products from Olives et Al.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018