Bacon onion tart is a really simple dish that is perfect for Summer. It doesn’t take long to prepare, thanks to pre rolled pastry it’s ready to bake in just a few minutes! This simple tart is so quick and easy it’s brilliant for a light lunch or for on a picnic. Bacon & Onion tart is great with salad and any kind of potatoes. I prefer twisted taties with mine. I used the spiked red onion chutney with Old Tom ale from Patchwork Foods as it goes really well with bacon and the slight hint of chilli really gives the tart a little something extra. It stops it from being just your average bacon & onion tart and makes it into something that is truly spectacular. The chutney provides a nice gentle heat with a brilliant onion punch and the bacon gives it a nice salty flavour whilst the cheese brings everything together.
Bacon & onion tart is also a great dish to cook when you have unexpected guests because it is so simple to prepare and ready in no time at all. The end result is delicious. If you are a vegetarian, then you can swap the bacon for tomatoes or sliced courgette. If you like a bit more meat, you can add extra bacon but be careful your tart isn’t too heavy with toppings or it will fall apart when you remove it from the baking sheet.
- 1 packet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 x jar of Patchwork's spiked red onion chutney with Old Tom ale
- 500g thick cut bacon (cooked crispy & diced)
- 100g red Leicester cheese
- unwrap the pastry
- spread thickly with the spiked red onion chutney
- scatter the diced bacon over the top
- sprinkle with cheese
- bake in a pre heated oven at Gas Mark 6 for 25 minutes until the pastry is cooked
Disclaimer – I received some complimentary products from Patchwork Foods to be creative in the kitchen.
This is one of the things I came up with.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018