The week after Easter is always filled with chocolatey treats and for a special breakfast treat, I made peanut & chocolate brownie porridge. It went down very well with The Boy and his buddy. It was a true success! This sounds like it should be a really complicated breakfast but I didn’t make fresh brownies, I used the one remaining brownie to save arguments about who ate it. It would have been full on fisticuffs otherwise, so breakfast saved the day! I’m all for a treat style breakfast at least once a week and this was a perfect start to the day for The Boy and his buddy. It’s hard work being a teenager on a scooter or a BMX so peanut & chocolate brownie porridge definitely filled them up.
We’re massive porridge fans (as my regular readers will know) it’s a really quick and filling breakfast and I honestly feel that if you miss breakfast, you’re missing out! Plus, you can add all kinds of things into porridge to make it prefect for you. When there is teenagers involved though, it will probably involve chocolate or something similar!
- 1 mug of porridge oats
- 2 mugs of milk
- 1 x sachet of peanut hottie
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- 1 x square of left over chocolate brownies (chopped into small chunks)
- put the oats and milk into a pan and cook on a medium heat, stirring well
- add the peanut hottie & the cocoa powder and continue to cook until the porridge is at your desired consistency
- transfer the porridge into bowls once cooked and top with chunks of brownie