Salted caramel ice cream sounds like it could be long, complicated and rather drawn out to make. That’s a misconception though. #easytips from Zanussi are helping tackle things like this to make amazing time saving adjustments to make the impossible actually possible, and do-able but most of all achievable. This took me less than five minutes to make and overnight in the freezer to set. The end result was stunning. I should have made more. I can’t get over just how easy it was to create something that I thought would take hours. It’s the simple easy tips like this that give you more time to do other things.
This amazing cheat to make delicious ice cream is amazing. Salted caramel ice cream really tastes fantastic. I was asked how much it was from the shop! It costs less than £3 to make and tastes as though you have spent double in some artisan food shop. This is a great cheat for Summer which means you get to spend more time in the sun and less time in the kitchen. The brilliant salted caramel flavour is divine. It leaves you wanting more with each bite. If you have a container large enough, I suggest that you make double.
- 1 x tin carnation caramel or dulce de leche
- 300ml double cream
- 1/4tsp sea salt (crushed)
- 1 x bag mini cornish fudge chunks (I used Sainsburys baking range)
- put the caramel into a bowl and stir to loosen
- add the double cream and whisk well until the mixture holds its shape
- add the mini fudge chunks and mix until evenly combined
- scoop into an air tight container and freeze for an hour for soft scoop and over night for a not so soft scoop
- serve in ice cream cones, with wafers, or as a part of a dessert