I got a couple of the new flavour shots Creamy Italian Herb Pasta by Schwartz in this months Degustabox and you know me, I’m not one to conform. So I changed the recipe on the packet and made it my own. Not that there was anything wrong with the recipe, I just didn’t have all of the ingredients needed and I did have the things I used instead and the recipe below is what I ended up with. It must have been really good as there were no complaints and everyone asked for seconds!
We really love pasta dishes, especially ones that can e made in a few minutes whilst the pasta is cooking on the stove. This recipe is up there with the best of them!
- 500g pasta
- 1 x chicken breast (diced finely)
- 6 x rashers smoked bacon (sliced thinly)
- 1 x Schwartz Italian Creamy Herb Tagliatelle Flavour Shot
- 1 x tub of sainsburys basics cream cheese
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 100ml water from the cooked pasta
- cook the pasta as per packet instructions
- fry the chicken & bacon in the contents of the flavour shot pot until cooked thoroughly
- add the cream cheese & grated cheddar and allow to melt on a medium heat
- add the water to thin the sauce slightly and give it a nice sheen
- toss the pasta through the sauce once it has been cooked and drained