I’m making microwave cakes quite a lot recently whilst I’ve been playing around with some more of the Zanussi easy tips. #easytips are a series of clever tips that I am delighted to be contributing to this month whilst testing some of their own tips out in the kitchen. This tip is for chocolate microwave cake but I have adapted this one and used some of the left over mixture from the salted caramel ice cream #easytips recipe to make a yummy recipe for chocolate caramel melting middle cake in the microwave which takes less than five minutes, including cooking time!
Chocolate Caramel Melting Middle Microwave Cake is so easy, you won’t actually believe it until you make one for yourself! The caramel in this recipe is made using another #easytips recipe which makes a cheats salted caramel ice cream and added to this cake, it makes it even more delicious. Not to worry if you don’t have caramel, a few chunks of a mars bar, a dairy milk or even an extra spoon of chocolate spread in the bottom of the mug will create the same melting middle effect.
- 2tbsp self-raising flour
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 x free range egg
- 1.5tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5tbsp nutella or chocolate spread
- 1.5tbsp milk
- 1.5tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1tbsp salted caramel ice cream per mug
- place the salted caramel ice cream in the bottom of each mug
- mix all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl
- divide the mixture equally into each mug
- cook on high power for 1m30s to 3m depending on microwave power
- serve immediately with ice cream, frosting, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018