A fry up is one of my favourite quick and easy dinners. It can be tricky to get it right though if you are struggling for time. I have the perfect solution – baked breakfast cups! They stemmed from bacon and egg cups which I saw on Pinterest and they some great added extras too. Baked breakfast cups are so easy to make, you just add your favourite parts of your fry up into the bacon cup and put it in the oven for 20 minutes! It does make cooking a fry up so much easier too, especially when you have a lot of people to cater for. We all like different things for breakfast so this is the best way to make a load of customised ones, all at the same time! That way, it doesn’t matter if someone is having gluten free sausages or turkey bacon. They are all still made with the same method and they still cook for the same amount of time
It’s best to make fry up in a cup in a large silicone muffin tray. The higher the sides, the more filling you can get inside. This is a fry up in a cup, it does not want to be wimp-like. If it collapses, the mess is tremendous. It will still tastes OK, it just doesn’t look that impressive with egg spilling out everywhere so take care when you crack the egg.
- 12 x rashers smoked back bacon
- 6 x good quality pork sausages (sliced thinly)
- 6 x free range eggs
- cut each slice of bacon horizontally
- line each hole of your muffin tin with the bacon making sure it has no gaps or the egg will leak
- push the sausage meat out of the skin and form it into a pattie
- place the sausage pattie into the cups of bacon and make a well in the centre of each one
- crack an egg into the well
- bake in a pre heated oven at Gas Mark 7 for 20 minutes
- (until the egg is not snotty and the bacon poking up is crispy)
- Serve with chips or hash browns, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread. Anything that you love with your fry up.