Porridge is a great breakfast staple in the cold weather. In fact, The Boy likes it most days, regardless of the weather. It’s cheap, quick, easy and can be jazzed up with a whole host of extra ingredients. Chocolate porridge is the firm favourite here though! It’s quick, simple and is just a case of adding a bar of your favourite chocolate to the porridge as it’s cooking. The Boy loves milk chocolate but Mars, Crunchie & Snickers work well too. You can really throw anything into porridge, fresh raspberries are a great topping when they are readily available during the warmer months.
Porridge is a great way to start the day and a decent sized bowl will fill any sized tum right through until lunch without very much effort. The Boy has been making porridge on his own for a while now and it can even be made in the microwave for even less hassle. Although The Boy does inform me that microwaved porridge is not nearly as good as when it’s cooked in a pan. Oats are a great form of slow releasing energy too so they will keep you feeling satisfied for a lot longer than some other breakfast foods. Oats really are super in that sense!
- 1 cup of porridge oats (per person)
- 2 cups of milk (per person)
- 50g chocolate (per person)
- place the porridge oats, chocolate and milk into a pan and cook on a medium low heat
- stirring continuously to avoid sticking for about 5 mins
- the porridge should be the consistency of double cream
- Top with fresh berries, a squeeze of golden or maple syrup or a banana.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018