Valentines Day is less than a month away now. I’ve been thinking about what foodie gifts I can bake for Misteright. I was thinking about some Valentines biscuits. A simple variation on my favourite biscuit recipe. To create the “made with love” message on each biscuit I used the Vintage Floral cookie press from Wilko (in store only) which is really simple to use and comes with 3 interchangeable stamp heads which you just press onto the biscuit to leave a print. The messages are super cute and look especially good on these red biscuits!
The valentines biscuits are lovely and buttery with a hint of vanilla. The goats butter really gives the biscuits more depth of flavour compared to regular butter (which you can use instead if goats butter isn’t for you) You don’t have to have red biscuits either, you can use any colour that you have available. When I made a second batch of the biscuits, I used blue food gel and the result still tasted the same but I ended up with very vibrant blue biscuits. This made Misteright happy as blue is his favourite colour. The Boy never cares what colour things are, he’s more about the flavour. Takes after his Mum!
For an extra special Valentines treat, stack the biscuits up and secure with a ribbon. Then place the biscuits in a brown paper bag. You can write cute messages and draw hearts on the bag before the biscuits go in there for a more personalised gift.
- 250g goats butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g demarara sugar
- 1 x egg yolk
- 1 cap of vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 150g self-raising flour
- 4 drops of red food gel
- mix the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy
- add the egg yolk & the vanilla extract and beat well
- sift in the flours
- add the red food gel
- mix well using a wooden spoon until a dough is formed
- (you may need to get your hands in to make it come together)
- Chill the dough for about an hour
- Bake in a pre heated oven at Gas Mark 5 for 15 minutes
Disclaimer – I received a hamper of goats milk products from St. Helens Farm to be creative in the kitchen.
I also received the cookie press & stamps from Wilko.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018