Misteright and The Boy LOVE potatoes but I always get a bit bored of them so I constantly find myself trying to make more interesting things. You can only eat so much mash & chips! I was recently sent a selection of spices from Schwartz & a bag of new Green Vale Farm Fresh Potatoes arrived around the same time so it inspired me to get creative and I came up with Twisted Taties. Bite sized chunks for potato in my special blend of twisted herbs and spices. I called them Twisted Taties cause I got sick of twisting the spice grinders! I so need a second kitchen slave to do things like that for me! Twisted Taties are easy to prepare and can be left to cook whilst doing something else, well maybe apart from giving them the occasional shake! They are delicious too. We had ours with some Hunters Chicken and they were lush, you could always adapt the recipe to make it hotter, or a bit less spicy for the kids. Sour cream would be a great to have on the plate if you want to make a medium spiced version to suit everyone!
- 1kg Green Vale Farm Fresh potatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Schwartz Season All
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- mix all the spices together with the oil in a large baking tray
- chop the Green Vale Farm Fresh potatoes into bite sized chunks
- toss the potatoes in the oil and bake in a preheated oven on gas mark 6 for 45 minutes
- the potatoes should be golden brown and crispy around the edges
- you can serve them with what ever you like, Twisted Taties are a great alternative to chips, wedges & jacket potatoes.
I received a 2.5kg bag of Green Vale Farm Fresh Potatoes & a selection of herbs & spices from Schwartz to get creative in the kitchen.
This is one of the things I came up with.