I’m still munching my way through the Victoria Plums we harvested from our plum trees down at our allotment. I’ve already baked chocolate plum bread, a couple of plum crumbles and we’ve eaten a shed load – there’s still some left! I thought it would be fitting to bake some plum cupcakes. I really love plums, they are one of my favourite tastes of the Autumn so this is a nice homage to the plum. I’m still baking with Better Stevia as a sugar replacement because I need to get my lazy self to the Supermarket and re-stock my store cupboard. Honestly, it’s not so I can stuff my face with cupcakes…Honestly! These Plum Cupcakes are an easy, delicious way to use up any leftover plums from your trees. They are a great lunch box filler or excellent for afternoon tea, or just a snack when you need one.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp NOW Better Stevia
- 10 Victoria Plums (stoned & diced)
- put the butter, self raising flour, eggs and Better Stevia into a bowl and using a mixer, mix until pale and fluffy
- fold in the plums gently
- spoon a large teaspoon of mixture into each bun case
- bake in a pre heated oven on gas mark 5 for 25-30 minutes until the cupcakes are golden brown on top and pass a skewer test
Top with any kind of icing that you fancy but I love them plain, warm from the oven with a hot brew – in the quiet moment before The Boy and Misteright realise I have baked some and come and eat them all! That’s my favourite way to enjoy these amazing fruity cupcakes. If you’re feeling adventurous , you can even cut them in half and spread a little bit of plum jam and clotted cream in the middle. These are a brilliant alternative to scones too!
I received a bottle of Better Stevia to get creative in the kitchen with, this is one of the recipes I came up with!
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018