So the nights are drawing in and the weather is getting colder, yes, Autumn is here. It’s time for lots of slow cooking and staying warm! My all time favourite heart warming recipe is Corned Beef Hash. It’s cheap, it’s simple and it tastes amazing. We love it with a jacket potato or a few chips. Corned Beef Hash is a great way to use up anything left in the bottom of your fridge on an I can’t be arsed to go to the shops day! Corned beef hash is a great camping food too, in fact it is THE camping staple whenever Misteright and The Boy set off on their adventures I always make this. This is my tried and tested recipe that can be made at home, on a camp fire or a portable camping stove and costs less than £1 per person. Corned beef hash is a firm “cold weather favourite” round here and I often double up ingredients as corned beef hash is a great filling for a pasty too! Corned beef pasties or pashties as they have become affectionately known as are fab food for Winter lunch boxes too.
- 1 x tin corned beef (diced into 12 chunks)
- 1 x tin Green Giant Sweetcorn (drained)
- 1 x cup of frozen peas
- 1 x large carrot (diced)
- 1 x large red onion (diced)
- 1 tsp Very Lazy Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Chilli
- 2 x large potatoes (diced and fried)
- 1 x beef stockpot or stock cube
- 1/2 pint of water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into a large pan
- Stir well and cook on a medium high heat for about 15 minutes until the liquid has reduced by 1/3
- Serve with a huge chunk of crusty bread, chips or a baked potato.
It really is that easy! It’s delicious and suitable for the most fussiest of eaters as it ingredients can be swapped to incorporate any leftover pieces of veg you have lurking at the bottom of the fridge. It is also good for freezing if you make too much! You’re guaranteed to have no hungry tums left after a huge bowl of corned beef hash!
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018