Saturday night and I’m in the queue at Sainsbury’s and then the Manager rolls the reduced cart over, I spotted a bread mix! It was marked down from £1.05 to 25p – it was MINE! I don’t buy bread mixes much but for 25p I had to have it. It so happened that earlier I had found a bag of dried fruits that was a couple of days before it’s use by on the label shoved in the back of the cupboard and they would go great together. I also had some Lindt cooking chocolate left over. This chocolate, fruit & nut bread was going to be so delicious!
- 1 pack Sainsburys crusty bread mix
- 50g dried fruit & nuts mixed
- 6 squares of Lindt Dark Cooking Chocolate
- Make up the bread mix as directed in the instructions, knead well & divide into two equal sized pieces and leave to prove for 30 minutes
- Add the dried fruit and nuts to one of the dough balls and knead again until the fruit & nuts are evenly spread throughout the dough
- Add the chocolate to the other dough ball and repeat the process
- Leave the dough balls to prove again for another 30 minutes
- Roll the dough into long sausages and twist together
- Place the twisted doughs into a 1lb loaf tin
- Bake in a preheated oven on Gas Mark 8 for 10 minutes
- Turn the oven down to Gas Mark 6 and bake for a further 30-40 minutes
- When cooked thoroughly, the bread should shrink away from the edge of the tin
- When removed from the tin, correctly cooked bread will make a hollow knocking sound when tapped underneath
This bread is fabulous with chocolate terrine, chocolate spread or any type of preserve. It’s great toasted too and contains at least one portion of fruit for the day! Actually this is a perfect breakfast for Autumn. I don;t know how long a loaf like this would stay fresh for as it’s all gone before a whole day has passed! I think it will last for about 3-4 days though.
I was sent some Lindt cooking chocolate a while ago, this is one of the things I created with it!
I was also sent some Baileys Chocolate Terrine from The Patchwork Fo0d Company too, this was delicious spread on my bread!
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018