I love pasta dishes any time of year but in Autumn, they are comforting, filling and give you some lovely slow released energy. Chicken & Mozzarella Pasta Bake is a firm favourite of The Boy. It’s super quick, has gooey, stringy mozzarella and uses the left over chicken from a Sunday roast. Ready in less than 15 minutes, it’s a simple & nutritious meal. To turn it into some proper carb on carb comfort food, just add some garlic bread and dodge the salad* It’s great for a family meal and even better to share with friends along with a huge tear and share style garlic and tomato bread. It goes down great with the grown ups and the stringy cheese never fails to impress the kids!
Chicken & mozzarella pasta bake is what I class as very quick food. It tastes good, is loved by everyone and is ready in no time at all. When time is precious on an evening, who wants to be slaving over the stove for hours? Not me! I’d much rather chill out and spend some time with the family so this dish is perfect for us and any busy family!
- 500g pasta
- 200g cooked & shredded chicken
- 75g fresh mozzarella
- 500g tomato passata
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 diced white onion
- 2 rashers streaky bacon (cooked and sliced thinly)
- cook the pasta in salted boiling water with a few drops of oil to stop the pasta sticking
- cook for 5 minutes and drain well
- fry the onion until translucent in colour
- add the passata & balsamic vinegar
- add the cooked bacon and pasta to the passata and stir thoroughly
- transfer to a baking dish and top with mozzarella
- bake for 10 minutes on gas mark 7 until the cheese is melted and stringy
- serve with garlic bread/cheese bread/tomato bread (what ever is your favourite)
It’s so good, even Misteright ate it all and didn’t moan that we were having pasta again! We do eat it a lot and sometimes he would maybe just prefer something like sausage and mash.
* Please note, I do not condone the dodging of salad, I always replace it with better, more interesting vegetables. Getting 5 a day is actually important!