I love Chicken Kiev, but I don’t always love the overpowering garlic smell that they leave. I decided to try a new twist. Chicken Kiev-ish. Well, it’s like an actual chicken kiev but it’s a bit different! I’ve replaced the garlic butter with Black Pepper Boursin with Garlic & Herbs and wrapped them in bacon instead of breadcrumbs, cause Autumn is all about the comfort food – and breadcrumbs are a bit boring. Chicken Kiev-ish are so easy to make and are another great Autumn comfort food. They went down a treat with Misteright and The Boy. They both ate them all and I was told I must share this recipe.
I don’t really like the pre-packaged chicken kievs. They don’t have enough chicken breast and the meat has usually been chopped and shaped along with loads of breadcrumbs (which I doubt have even seen a loaf before) If you look on the ingredients list, chicken is usually less than 50% of the ingredients the kievs are made from. Making your own kiev-ish is not only really easy, it’s so much better for you too! You also have complete control of the garlic middle which is great. Shop bought kievs usually leak their middle all over the baking tray and then the bottom of the kievs get soggy and greasy with all of the garlic butter. This doesn’t happen – as long as you secure them correctly. Cocktail sticks work well for this!
“Great dinner, Bird!” – Misteright (after eating)
- 1 x chicken breast per person
- 2 x squares of Boursin with Black Pepper, Garlic & Herbs per person
- 2 x rashers of smoked back bacon per person
- slit the chicken breast to create a pocket on the side and stuff with the sachets of Boursin
- wrap the stuffed chicken breast in the bacon and place on a baking tray
- bake in the centre of a pre heated oven, Gas Mark 6 for 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crispy
Serve with home made wedges, chips, twisted taties, jacket spuds, rice, garlic bread, whatever you fancy really.
Disclaimer – I received a selection of products including the classic Garlic & Herb flavour as well as the new Black Pepper Portions
Each containing six individually wrapped cheeses with built-in portion control.
You can get more information about Boursin from their website.
You can buy the new Pepper Portions for RRP £1.69 (6 pack) from Tesco, Asda & selected larger Waitrose stores
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018