Baileys hot chocolate is great for when you’re feeling the cold and nothing warms the cockles like a nice steaming hot mug of hot chocolate. I love mine with original Baileys but it’s not suitable for The Boy due to it’s alcohol content. I had been sent some amazing Baileys chocolate terrine from The Patchwork Food Company in Wales and I’d been eating it on my chocolate fruit & nut bread all day but I thought I had better be a bit more creative than that. I headed for the kitchen with The Boy in tow and at his request, we had to have a hot chocolate. I really enjoy making hot chocolate from scratch so this was definitely going to put the chocolate terrine through its paces.
- 1/2 pint of full fat milk (for the actual drink)
- 1/4 tub of The Patchwork Food Company Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Terrine
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 pint of full fat milk + small bottle (for the topping)
- Pour the milk into a pan on a low heat and add the Baileys Chocolate Terrine
- Stir with a wooden spoon until melted and add the salt
- Keep stirring until the milk is hot
- Whilst the milk is warming up, shake the 1/4 milk for the topping in the plastic bottle, I usually use the milk bottle itself as it's easier to pour some into a jug for using later
- Shake it vigorously and until it has about the doubled itself with bubbles
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture carefully into cups, chocolate glasses, or mugs
- Top with milky foam (you can use cream if you like but this is a slightly healthier option!)
It’s great on it’s own, with a sweet fruit bread or a pastry, if you’re feeling Continental – with croissants or pain au chocolat or even just with your favourite chocolate bar or sweet snack. It looks impressive too and only takes 5 minutes to make and is a delicious drink that is bound to impress your friends!
I was sent some Chocolate Terrine from the wonderful people at The Patchwork Food Company to be creative in the kitchen.
I was strong and didn’t eat them all with a spoon, or thickly spread over my chocolate fruit & nut bread.
This is one of the recipes I came up with and I did eat the rest of the packet with a spoon. It was lush and amazing.
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018