The weather is getting cold and the slow cooker is coming out! What better way to celebrate than with some pulled beef brisket burritos. A super simple, authentic Mexican dish that can be left cooking all day after a few minutes preparation. I told you it was easy! People are always telling me “I don’t know how you find the time to cook all these amazing meals”
I don’t, I cheat and this is one of my favourite cheating recipes! Misteright can never believe just how little effort goes into preparing this meal!
This is a great “cold day dinner” and is also a fabulously simple way to make a lot of food when you’re entertaining. Serving the pulled meat in a huge bowl with a plate full of wraps and a bowl full of salad at a party or large gathering is sure to WOW your guests into thinking you spent so much time and effort in the kitchen! They will be shocked when they find out the truth! It doesn’t take much effort so you can leave it cooking whilst you spend time with your friends and family instead of slaving over a hot stove on a sunny day. Hot and sweaty kitchen slave is not a good look when you’re entertaining!
If you’re not so much of a chilli fan, then you can leave it out of the recipe but it’s not a very hot dish once it’s cooked for several hours. It’s more a chilli flavour than a chilli heat. If you’re looking for a chilli kind of heat then just double up the chilli for extra hot and spicy burritos. You can also cool the heat with a good dollop of sour cream and grated cheese.
- 800g Beef Brisket
- 1 x tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 x chopped red onions
- 1 x diced red pepper
- 1 x diced yellow pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 x beef stock cubes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 bulb garlic (crushed)
- 1 pint water
- Add flaked chilli if you like it with a kick!
- Brown the beef in a little oil
- Throw all the ingredients into the pan or slow cooker, yes. Once they have been chopped and measured, put all the ingredients over the beef and cook on a low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove beef from pan and pull apart with a fork then return meat to the pan and stir well, leave to cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve wrapped in warm tortilla wraps with tortilla chips and salad, if you fancy...if not, just a huge pile of chips!
I’m linking up with Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesdays
Latest posts by Miss Mamo (see all)
- Caring For People Who Have Problems With Their Mobility - May 22, 2018
- Great Ways To Get More Out Of Your Blender - April 23, 2018
- Adventures in Ice Cream - March 21, 2018
- An Outdoor All Weather Dining Room - March 16, 2018